Silestone Quartz Surfaces | K&D Countertops |Maine | New Hampshire
What is Silestone?
Silestone is a compound made up of 94% natural quartz, which makes it extraordinarily hard and resilient. This is the one and only worktop made of quartz with anti-bacterial protection, giving it hygienic properties that are not to be found anywhere else on the market. It is an excellent surface for kitchen worktops, bathrooms, floors and wall cladding using the minimum number of joints.
In addition, it comes in a variety of different shades of quartz color, offering a number of decorative possibilities from a mere kitchen top to a project for a complete set of furniture. Silestone is an investment for the future. Silestone is forever.
Would you like to learn more?
- Highest Quality Guaranteed: Silestone® is the world’s leading producer of quartz surfaces designed for high-quality kitchens and bathrooms, including countertops and sinks with advanced bacteristatic technology. Silestone® is the only brand that offers a certified warranty, in writing. Only a global leader could once again draw ahead of the pack and offer a genuine 15-year transferable warranty for Silestone® Don’t forget to register your Silestone product on our website to activate your 15-year warranty.
- Stain Resistant: Silestone is a non-porous surface and highly resistant to stains from coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, makeup and many other everyday products.
- Acid Resistant: Quartz is one of the hardest minerals in the world. This makes our products very durable, with a high level of resistance to external aggressions.
- Scratch Resistant: Quartz is one of the hardest minerals in the world. This makes our products very durable, with a high level of resistance to external aggressions.
- Impact Resistant: Silestone’s high impact resistance exceeds other similar products such as granite and solid surfaces. This feature guarantees safety in your kitchen when handling hard objects (pots, pans, etc.). This resistance is achieved thanks to its quartz hardness, its polyester resin elasticity and its vibrocompression system used during its production.
- Bactertiostatic Protection, a Technology Based on Silver Ions: Silestone is the only brand that contains a unique bacteriostatic formula developed by Cosentino that is based on the use of latest generation silver ions to prevent the propagation of bacterias. With this formula, Silestone surfaces for kitchen and bathroom offer a protection added value.
- Wide Range of Colors & Textures: Silestone is available in many textures and over 60 colors, ensuring that there is a color for every style and texture for your kitchen or bathroom.
Quartz is crystallised silicon dioxide (SiO2), which is usually white or transparent, although it can be found in other colors if it comes into contact with impurities during its formation.
It is found either in a pure state or present in other compounds. However, because of its extreme hardness and resistance to acids, it is used to make a large variety of products that require precision and top-quality performance. This type of quartz forms the main component in Silestone boards.
Silestone is internationally certified to ensure maximum safety and protection. Such certificates offer consumers the assurance that Silestone is a safe, top-quality material. Silestone certificates offer a 100% guarantee.
- The Greenguard certificate proves that Silestone does not generate any substance that is harmful to the environment. It also guarantees the use recommended for our surfaces in closed areas.
- Silestone has also been awarded the “Greenguard Children & Schools Certificate”, which confirms maximum safety in its applications for schools and universities.
- Cosentino’s Environmental Management System Certification certifies the excellent performance and constant environmental improvement of Cosentino’s production processes. It highlights efficient use of raw materials, control of emissions into the atmosphere, waste management programmes, treatment systems and re-use of industrial water, disposal of chemical substances, and control of environmental hazards.
- LGA QUALITEST GMBH is an independent organisation that certifies the safety, good condition and quality of everyday products, in accordance with European and international requirements. Cosentino has obtained the “Hygiene Tested Certificate” from LGA for its Silestone worktops. This certificate is only awarded to products in which special attention is paid to hygiene during their development and which meet all microbiological regulations.
- Thanks to the NSF CERTIFICATE, Silestone is deemed to be a safe material for direct contact with all types of food. Such a widely-esteemed certificate is endorsed by such prestigious bodies as the FDA or WHO (World Health Organisation).